Use this link to apply: www.montville.net/MontvilleTwpIntegratedPreK
Children with and without special needs will be educated together in an innovative, child-centered program designed to promote the academic, social, emotional and language development of every child. The program will consist of:
- 3 year olds with 5 half-day AM sessions per week (8:10am - 10:40am)
- 4 year olds with 5 half-day PM sessions per week (11:50am - 2:20pm)
Key program components include:
- Research based instruction and materials, which are aligned with the NJ Department of Education’s guidelines for high-quality early childhood education and designed to ensure students are prepared to successfully transition into kindergarten.
- Class lessons facilitated by a certified Speech and Language Specialist to enhance language development.
- Class lessons facilitated by an Occupational and Physical Therapist to enhance fine and gross motor development.
- Weekly instruction in art, music, and media taught by certificated faculty members.
- Ongoing involvement in school-wide events including school assemblies, special programs, theme days, and field trips.
Enrollment is open to a limited number of typical preschool children who will be selected via a lottery process. A preschool readiness screening will be administered to all applicants. In order to be eligible, children must be at least 3 years of age, but less than 5 years of age, on or before October 1, 2023. All children must be toilet trained to enter the program.
Parents are responsible for paying tuition to the Montville Township Board of Education at a yearly cost of $5,000 divided into 10 payments of $500 each. Limited transportation is available at a rate of $250 per year (one way) and $500 per year (round trip).
To apply, parents who are residents of Montville Township, New Jersey, should complete and submit the on-line Google form at www.montville.net/MontvilleTwpIntegratedPreK
Once the application is complete, parents must drop off or mail the following information:
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate,
- Proof of residency and
- A driver’s license.
The address for submitting the above items is:
Montville Township Public Schools, Board of Education Office / Dept. of Special Services, 86 River Road, Montville, NJ 07045.
Applications submitted after Tuesday, February 28, 2023, will be placed on a waiting list.
NOTE: Written notification of program acceptance will be mailed by April 17, 2023.
Preschool screenings will be held March 20, 21, & 22, 2023, at Valley View Elementary School, between 9am - 2pm. Parents will be notified via email, of their child’s exact preschool screening date and time.
Parents are reminded not to register their child with the district until the child has been officially accepted into the program. Written notification will be mailed to the student’s residence by April 17, 2023.
Montville Township Public Schools consists of seven schools in Montville, Pine Brook and Towaco, NJ. The district is a pre-kindergarten to grade 12 district serving the needs of 3,500 students.