September 8, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The health and safety of your child(ren) is of the upmost importance to the Montville Township Public Schools District. During these ever-changing times, we ask your help in keeping our students, teachers, administrators, and staff safe and healthy. From the latest information from the CDC:
The signs and symptoms of COVID-19 in children are similar to other infections and noninfectious processes, including influenza, streptococcal pharyngitis, and allergic rhinitis. The lack of specificity of signs or symptoms and the significant proportion of asymptomatic infections make symptom-based screening for identification of SARS-CoV-2 in children particularly challenging.
Therefore, the Montville Township Public Schools district has implemented new protocols at this time.
- The Daily Screening Submission must be completed by a parent or guardian before your child(ren) leaves home. If a student arrives in school without it completed, a parent will be called and asked to complete it. If it remains incomplete, the child will be sent home. Repeated offenses will result in a mandatory meeting with the principal and/or the student being assigned to remote learning.
- Any student that presents to school with a sign or symptom of COVID -19 or complains of COVID-19 symptoms will be sent to the nurses’ office, quarantined, and sent home immediately.
- Any student sent home from the nurses’ office with COVID-19 symptoms must follow current CDC quarantine guidelines unless cleared by a healthcare provider for earlier return to school.
We encourage you to keep your child(ren) home if they are not feeling well and/or exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (100.0)
- Myalgia (muscle pain, muscle aches)
- Nasal congestion or rhinorrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Poor appetite or poor feeding
Additionally, nebulizer treatments will not be performed during the school day. If the student is complaining of shortness of breath or coughing, he/she should remain home.
If there are any questions, please contact your school’s Certified School Nurse.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Montville Township Public Schools Nurses
MONTVILLE TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS HEALTH SERVICES 973-331-7100
Cedar Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org
Valley View: email@example.com
William Mason: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lazar Middle: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
MTHS: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Daily Health Screenings Are Required For Staff Members and All In-Person Students
LINK for information on how to: SUBMIT DAILY HEALTH SCREENINGS
SCROLL DOWN for the COVID-19 Clearance Form