Private School Applications
Many of you, primarily parents of 8th graders have requested information about private schools or have already sent in transcript request forms. We are happy to assist you. Here are some helpful hints to make the process of applying more effective:
1. Please read all application information and instructions thoroughly and understand what is being asked of you.
2. All transcript requests should be given to your child's School Counselor.
3. Updated transcripts will automatically be sent at the end of each Marking Period.
4. You must provide an addressed, stamped envelope for each school for which you want us to send transcripts
5. Please give the counselors and teachers at least 2 weeks to complete recommendations as we receive many requests and want to do each to the best of our ability. Provide us with a due date, as well, so we know when it must be mailed.
6. It is always a nice touch, when requesting a recommendation from a teacher, to have your child write a short, but polite letter requesting their recommendation and thanking the teacher for their time (copy and it can be used for all teachers) This may seem old fashioned, but the teachers always like this and it can’t hurt!
7. Please be polite and have etiquette; you will need to practice this for when you are requesting letters of recommendation for college from teachers who may make a difference in your acceptance.
8. If the recommendation requires the teacher, counselor or principal to write detailed information about your child’s involvement in extracurricular activities, it is a good idea to provide a list of activities and number of years of involvement. This will assure that we do not leave out any information that could help increase the chances of acceptance.