Superintendent’s Report: July 19, 2022 Board of Education Meeting
On Tuesday, July 19, 2022, at the Montville Township Public Schools Board of Education meeting, Dr. Thomas A. Gorman gave his first report as Superintendent of the Montville Township Public Schools.
Below is an outline of his opening remarks:
- I began working officially here at MTPS on July 1 and have had many meetings with BOE Trustees, community members, and administrators
- I also have been given building tours and updates on school maintenance and construction projects
- I am very excited to have been selected as the new Superintendent to lead the district and my meetings and visits thus far have only confirmed that feeling.
- I can sense a positive energy through my interactions and I look forward to building upon this momentum.
- As I stated in my letter to the community last week, my resolve is to work cooperatively with the BOE, educators, students, parents, and community to ensure that every student reaches their full potential.
- My vision of a successful educational experience is founded upon high standards, relevant curricula, and innovation to deliver the highest quality learning experience for all our students.
- The key to a successful educational experience is to balance the four “A’s” - academics, arts, athletics, and activities with the values and goals of the family and community.
- Moving forward, we will find the balance between honoring the past, celebrating the present, and envisioning the future…
- And by working together, we will fulfill the district’s motto to educate, inspire, and empower the students.
The July 19th meeting was held in the Montville Township High School Media Center at 7:30 p.m. A video of the fourteen-minute meeting can be viewed at the Montville Township Board of Education Meetings YouTube Channel. Dr. Gorman’s remarks begin at the 41-second mark. MTHS Is located at 100 Horseneck Road in Montville, NJ.
The next Montville Township Public Schools Board of Education meeting will be held at the Montville Township Municipal Building, 195 Changebridge Road, Montville, NJ, on Tuesday August 16 at 7:30 p.m.